RoRo Shipment: 79 Twin Deckers for Public Transport in Dubai
Our teams in the UAE, Malaysia, and Singapore executed a complete logistics solution for a twin decker movement from Malaysia to the United Arab Emirates. The job was to ship no less than 79 twin decker buses from the production site via Singapore to Jebel Ali Freezone in Dubai. Just another example of successful Finished Vehicle Transportations with Hellmann.
Hellmann UAE took up this complex challenge to successfully deliver a simplified logistics execution with great efforts of commendable proactive planning, site visits, and preliminary surveys throughout the entire project cycle.
With their high level of commitment to every movement of the buses, Hellmann UAE have displayed a continued build-up in such Automotive Finished Vehicle Logistics end to end. Our expertise has been demonstrated before, with the handling of MAN Trucks from Germany back in 2015. With this record of successfully handling finished vehicle movements, United Motors and Heavy Equipment Company LLC selected Hellmann to handle their RoRo movements from any sourcing location to UAE ports.
For this twin decker movement, the buses were transported from Malaysian body builder to Jebel Ali port UAE taking care of the multiple critical logistical elements:
- Supplier timelines and readiness of double-decker bus units
- On-time inspection of buses at the factory
- Transport planning from the factory to the port in line with vessel movements Ex-Singapore Port
- High-level customs compliance and export declarations at Malaysia-Singapore border
- Handover of buses at the borders with 24/7 operation and high vigilance throughout the journey
- Storage at the terminal and careful loading operations into the vessel at Singapore port
- Careful offloading operations and checks at Jebel Ali port together with the customer’s team
All 79 buses were transported within a timeline of 4 months from the factory to UAE and then handed over to the Dubai Road Transportation Authority successfully. All colleagues at Hellmann UAE, Singapore and Malaysia worked tirelessly for the execution of this movement and made it happen with great pride & achievement.
Global Finished Vehicle Logistics & RoRo Services with Hellmann – More Than a Niche Solution
We offer a full range of services for the transport of new and used vehicles via road, rail, and inland waterways. These services encompass the entire spectrum from the distribution of large quantities through to individual deliveries – by request directly to the end customer locations or showrooms
- On the road: Nationally and internationally, our professional transport teams ensure a comprehensive logistics chain
- On the water: We arrange transport vehicles along the Rhine and the Danube rivers as needed
- On railways: We plan multimodal transportation as required in Europe or respective countries in accordance with available methods of transport and local conditions
- We also offer dedicated terminal services
European Automobile Logistics Network
The at seaport terminals on the coast act as hubs for the export of European vehicle production to overseas locations. As ports of entry, these terminals offer a full range of services for the European vehicle market. The terminals in Germany form important links between production and customer, ensuring that distribution runs smoothly. All terminals are networked with each other through intermodal transport connections via truck, railroad, or barge. This ensures end-to-end logistic chains for the customer.
At the seaport terminals, we offer a variety of technical services. These include PDI (pre-delivery inspection), washing and removal of exhausts, and other accessories to optimize the overall truck volume with regards to cost saving elements. We also offer vehicle inspections such as SGS and other technical services at a port or supplier yard.
Our storage space can facilitate interim storage for your new or used vehicles, as well as provide buffer areas for automobile production. We offer open and covered storage, in addition to a range of services, which include appropriate stock management.
Global Freight Forwarding Services
We provide global freight forwarding services, facilitated by our complex network of branches and agents in UAE, Europe, and overseas. Railroad, barge, truck/trailer, and self-drive options are used as modes of transport for your goods. Furthermore, we take care of the sea shipping administration and customs clearance. Our competent team is happy to personally advise you at any time.
When production is completed, we deal with the new vehicles and arrange the allocation to the transport service providers. As required, we can provide comprehensive services such as driving the vehicles to the port, pre-inspections as per checklist, export customs and carrier planning coupled with inspections. Our extensive service portfolio is backed up by many years of expertise in the following areas:
- Door-to-door automobile transport
- External vehicle inspections and reports
- Pre-delivery inspection via a quality agency
- Removal of additional accessories and parts at port or yard
- Dedicated customer service contact for day to day operational management
Supply Chain Management:
- Project management
- Process management
- IT management
- Quality management and sustainability
For more info reach out to our RORO Logistics Team in Dubai:
Jebel Ali Free Zone South
Board - 04-8994111
Key Contact: 00971-6-1751221
M.V. Anna Rao